Saturday, March 10, 2012

pl_rust update and internships

Well, spring break was fast. I was able to get about another third of rust detailing (first artpass) and more framework on the portfolio done (coming soon, I swear!). I would have had more done on rust, but the wonderful artist block popped up (and my birthday). I still intend to have it art'd and tested by the 30th of April.

Another oppurtunity popped up, I had a friend shoot me an application for Raven Software level designer internship. I'm jumping on this as a way to learn Radiant, though I do not intend to submit an application. If I do, I doubt I'll get an interview, let alone accepted and add that to financial reason (cursed College student finances! *Shakes fist*) I probably wouldn't be able to do it this summer. But I'm still going to learn Radiant, and look forward to possibilities later on.

I believe my next project will be a 5CP map, as my "final" tf2 design project. This will be designed for highlander and 6v6 competitive play. I've decided to do a competitive map because I feel that it is a very good design challenge. Other possibilities (if I don't do 5CP) is 3 stage A/D (not comp) and a steel-type map (comp).

For now, here is an image from pl_rust. This particular area was nasty to detail because it was originally designed as an interior area.

No comments:

Post a Comment