Monday, April 9, 2012

It's the small things

Okay, well. The new detailing on rust is coming along, so that is good. But I was also thinking about the little things I could do this summer. Stuff that won't take me forever to do, but still are useful. Anyways, here's the list.

  1. Finish Portfolio - release to the interwebz
  2. Play more Call of Duty 4 and then begin learning Radiant.
  3. Write a tutorial/article on why Smaller maps doesn't mean better - add to portfolio.
  4. Create an updated Youtube series on how to use Hammer and make TF2 Maps.
  5. Turn this blog into less of a news, and more into resource about level design.
For 1, I need to finish Rust first, then do 3.
For 2, I'm working with another guy and we're going to learn it together in our spare time.
For 3, I need to just find the time and some examples.
For 4, That should be too hard, but I need to just outline what I want each tutorial to cover.
For 5, I need to stop doing what I'm doing now. I will be doing some cool stuff AFTER finals and AFTER the submission date for rust. I'm going to make a developer video, kind of providing commentary on what certain area's are set up a certain way. This, of course, will be attached to my portfolio.

Seriously, the next blog will actually have some design theory in it, at least the total 1 person reading this will mind.


No comments:

Post a Comment